Your guide to improve your JC General Paper results.
Do you really need to struggle to score in your JC GP? Not to us.
- Acing your GP is about the content and the exam skills
- It is also about UNDERSTANDING and KNOWING what the questions are asking for
- Check out this video on quick tips that can help you IMPROVE your GP game almost INSTANTLY!
Countdown to A Level GP
Are you prepared to ACE your GP?
About KP Chuah – Principal Tutor of First Class GP
- NTU Scholar
- Master’s Degree from NIE
- 8 years of experience teaching A Level GP
- 80% A’s and B’s in GCE A Level
- Engaging and could simplify the General Paper for you
Upcoming Classes & Events
Upcoming Crash Courses
- Science and Tech
Current Lesson Schedule and Fees
- Jurong East on Friday 7pm – 9pm
- Bugis on Wednesday 615pm – 815pm
- Orchard on Saturday 11:30am – 2.30pm
- Katong on Sunday 5pm – 7pm
Other locations and timeslots coming up. Contact us at 86143669 to find out Fee: $560 / 4 lessons
Student Success Stories
Good (and poor) strategies to score GP
Reading articles is GREAT, if you have the time.
I encourage my students to read more. However, if you are depending on this as an exam strategy, you may be sorely disappointed. Let me tell you why.
- Not all students know how to translate what they read to their essays / AQ
- Reading articles mindlessly means you forget 80% of what you read
- Many students simply do not have the time to read. Think of your other A level subjects
That is why you need to rely on cheatsheets to help you with your revision. The condensed info will definitely boost your content knowledge in minutes. I also give regular quizzes to students to help them remember important info.
Make no mistake. I love reading, and I hope I can inspire all my students to become avid readers. But I’m also a big advocate of studying smart. Strategise, people
Be original and experiment with different techniques. But not in your General Paper exam.
Originality is a hallmark of our species. But contrary to popular beliefs, it is rarely a hallmark of success.
One country that really impresses me is Korea — a small country that became a GLOBAL phenomenon. Think KPop. It’s popular everywhere, from USA to Uzbekistan, even in African countries. How did the Koreans do it? Mastering and repeating what works. Handsome tall guys, characteristic dance moves, catchy tunes, 2-5 English words embedded in the lyrics… You get the drift. It is failproof.
Likewise, you don’t need to learn 10,000 techniques for GP. Just master one and apply yourself. Lucky for you, no need to figure out what works. I’ve done the research for you. You just have to master it, act on my feedback and apply it in exam. You can experiment with different techniques, but only as practice, never for exams if your goal is to score.
‘Environmental degradation is the biggest threat facing the world today.’ To what extent do you agree?